It’s everything you need to lay out your ballfield like a pro.
Our comprehensive guide includes everything need for how to layout your baseball diamond or softball field. In addition to the dimensions of nearly every type of field, it also includes how-tos and step-by-step information for things like setting base anchors and pitching rubbers, or building a warning track. When it comes to figuring out your soil needs, you’ll learn about soil tests, the various soil entities, and more. There’s even a series of time-saving calculators for estimating infield soil needs and how much soil is in your stockpile.
Beacon offers its newly updated and expanded guide in two formats:
- The 48-page print edition (buy now) is a must-have for your tool shed or truck.
- Our online, interactive version in case you don’t have the printed copy handy.
THE ONLINE BALLFIELD DIMENSIONS & REFERENCE GUIDE
► Ballfield Layout
► Ballfield Dimensions
- Baseball Dimensions Diagrams
- Softball Dimensions Diagrams
- Batter’s & Catcher’s Boxes
- Finish & Surface Grade
► Field Amenities
► Infield Soils
- Infield Soil Overview
- New Versus Existing Infields
- Function of Soil Entities
- Engineered Soil or Native Soil?
- How & Why to Test Your Soil
- Understanding Soil Test Results
- Determining Your Infield Soil Needs
- Topdressing Amounts
- Recommended Infield Soil Specs